- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
Hackers target French Finance Ministry, G-20 plans
Question of the Day
PARIS (AP) - Hackers infiltrated French government computers in search of information about France’s leadership of the Group of 20 leading economies, the country’s budget minister said Monday.
The head of France’s network security agency said it was the biggest-ever hacker attack against the government.
Other attempts to hack computers at the presidential palace, the Foreign Ministry and other ministries with information about the G-20 failed, according to the National Security Agency for Information Systems.
Those behind the attacks were after information about French financial and economic policies, said Budget Minister Francois Baroin.
Network security agency chief Patrick Pailloux said “sensitive” information had been obtained in the attacks which probably began in November-December, carried out by “a number of professional, determined and persistent hackers.”
Speaking on radio station France-Info, Pailloux said it was not the first time government computers had been attacked, but that “it’s the first time that it has reached such proportions.”
TWT Video Picks
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq