- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Hypocrisy from on high
Few politicians say what they mean and even fewer mean what they say. Hypocrisy seems to be nonpartisan, so party affiliation does not matter. Most so-called “leaders” feign to be what they are not and assume the mantle of virtue when issuing edicts, regulations and legislation.
After the January shooting rampage in Tucson, progressives castigated “right-wing hatemongers” in the media for inciting the violence. The atrocity, in their opinion, was instigated and inspired by unregulated “hate speech” that should be censored. Meanwhile, nothing has been said about former Service Employees International Union President Andy Stern’s website fight song that calls on workers to “smash” their bosses to the ground and “take the bastards down.”
In January, Massachusetts Democrat Michael Capuano was even heard exhorting his constituents to “get out on the streets and get a little bloody when necessary.”
Pro-abortion leftists defend and advocate “freedom of choice” - but not for the citizens who are compelled to join unions before they can work and are coerced to pay dues and contribute to political campaigns.
The hypocrites in Congress have imperiled our republic with their insidious duplicity. They require every citizen to prove that they carry health insurance but not everyone must prove citizenship.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes