- Planned Parenthood rebrands ‘pro-choice’ as ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
- Investigators reach Ukraine jet crash site
- Ohio gives Obama a thumbs down; Hillary Clinton tops GOP all-stars: poll
- Jesse Ventura suggests suit not over; HarperCollins could be next
- ‘No American is proud’ of certain CIA tactics: State Department
- Drug-filled drone crash outside S.C. prison sends police on alert
- GOP to Obama: Take your ‘golf cap off’ and get down to coal country
- Hamas cleric tells Jews: ‘We will exterminate you’
- San Diego Costco, Target shoppers shocked by plane crash in parking lot
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A clarion call to moderate Muslims
Question of the Day
This week, Rep. Peter T. King, New York Republican, will lead the House Homeland Security Committee, of which he is chairman, in hearings to assess the radicalization of American Muslims (“King charges the Saracens,” Comment & Analysis, Tuesday).
More than 100 American Muslim groups have compared the hearings to those held by Sen. Joseph McCarthy, Wisconsin Republican, and the House Un-American Activities Committee during the 1950s. On Sunday, the coalition of groups speaking out against the hearings even gathered in New York City to protest publicly.
However, as an American Muslim, I support these hearings as a way to declare a unified position against terrorism. I participate in programs that spread a message of peace and loyalty to the United States by going door to door and to major events distributing fliers that relay our message of moderation. I believe these hearings will spread a powerful message of peace to all Americans and will encourage, rather than discourage, national solidarity.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Get Breaking Alerts
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Politics and corruption driving water woes
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Laws should target criminals, not the law-abiding
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Temple Mount is still Judaism's holiest site
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: If Israeli laid down its arms
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Stop silence on relocations of illegal aliens