- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
NUGENT: Outgunned is a choice
Beanbags are fine for the playground but not for a border showdown
Question of the Day
Being a Border Patrol agent on our southern border has got to be a very difficult, harrowing job.
It is surely an even tougher job when our agents are told to launch “nonlethal” beanbags at armed, illegal intruders.
Rule No. 1: Never bring a beanbag to a gunfight.
Think of this: With an orgy of high-powered drug-gang violence just across our border that already has claimed roughly 35,000 lives, plus numerous reports of armed, illegal intruders crossing over the border and shooting at our police officers and committing other violent crimes against American citizens, some politically correct bureaucratic idiot directs our Border Patrol agents to launch beanbags at machine-gun-toting, violent invaders.
The result of this brain-dead, irresponsible mindset: My fellow Michiganiac, Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, was shot dead by an armed illegal intruder on Dec. 14 in Arizona.
This policy, of course, is lunacy defined. Only a wild-eyed lunatic would force brave, law enforcement officers into dangerous situations without adequate firepower to stop danger in its tracks. These are the same uber-left-wing fools who sputter and scream how our law enforcement agents are “outgunned,” ignorantly blaming failed gun control laws while knowingly sending our warriors into battle with phenomenally inferior firepower. In fact, beanbags have no fire power, unless you are waging war on small kittens.
To add insult to the tragic death of Agent Terry,it now appears that certain bureaucrats within the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) allowed a known gun-running thug, whom they were investigating, to buy and transport the guns into Mexico that were used to kill Agent Terry.
Call me crazy, but I thought law enforcers would have learned their lesson by now. It seems like it was just yesterday that the Los Angeles Police Department found itself outgunned by a couple of bank-robbing punks armed with banned, fully automatic AK-47s and wearing body armor.
I’m just a guitar player, and I am never outgunned. Being outgunned is a choice, a foolish, suicidal choice, and everyone knows it.
It boggles the mind to try to comprehend someone showing up with a nonlethal beanbag gun when it is widely known that human traffickers and drug smugglers and other assorted subhuman debris are often heavily armed. Common sense reels in disbelief. Word has it that logic is now on the endangered species list.
I’m well aware some of you on the left have mastered the art of mind-boggling anti-logic and are desperately seeking to find some way to disagree with me.
Knowing that you live in the bizzaro world where logic is outlawed, let’s say for argument’s sake that you hear an intruder kicking down your front door in the middle of the night, and you have the choice between a 12-gauge shotgun and a fly swatter at your disposal to protect your family. Which are you going to grab?
Only Timothy Leary and Cass Sunstein fans would reach for the fly swatter. All you other liberals would turn into clear-thinking conservatives for at least a minute or so and splatter the intruder all over the living-room wall with your shotgun. Good for you.
Stay with me. So now let’s say America is your home, and you have armed bandits routinely coming into your home. Would you show up with a beanbag gun or an M4 rifle with state-of-the-art optics?
Case closed. Numbnuts lose again to a tsunami of common sense.
The way to stop this insanity before it becomes an even bigger national security problem is to issue a “shoot to kill” policy against all armed invaders.
Because I’m actually a docile, peaceful man who doesn’t want to see anyone hurt, I will compromise and agree to a policy of firing one round over the heads of armed intruders. If they do not immediately lay down their weapons and raise their hands in surrender, then shoot them four times, center mass. Problem solved.
Armed invaders always must be considered extremely dangerous. Superior firepower is the order of the day, not nonlethal beanbags. Let’s leave the beanbags to kindergarten classes.
Tragically, this is what we have come to expect from an administration that will not even refer to Muslim voodoo whackjobs who commit murder and mayhem against Americans while shouting “God Is Great” in Arabic as terrorists. How deep is the denial?
Liberalism is clearly a mental disorder and liberals are outgunned.
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
About the Author
Ted Nugent is an American rock ‘n’ roll, sporting and political activist icon. He is the author of “Ted, White, and Blue: The Nugent Manifesto” and “God, Guns & Rock ‘N’ Roll” (Regnery Publishing).
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
Get Breaking Alerts
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- In court filing, NCAA denies legal duty to protect athletes
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- John McCain to Harry Reid: Ill kick the crap out of you