- Obama military downsizing leaves U.S. too weak to counter global threats, panel finds
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Jones leads Orioles to rout of Twins
Question of the Day
“I had enough.” Vladdy then left the game.
“It was an ugly start, and they just kept banging away, and we didn’t get to hit enough, and they got to play a lot of defense,” Gardenhire said. “That normally doesn’t work out too well, so it was a kind of all-around ugly day.”
Jake Arrieta, 6-6 in his rookie season with the Orioles, allowed one run and three hits in three innings, giving up Luke Hughes’ third home run.
“I’m getting more comfortable in game situations, guys in the box, the atmosphere of just being in more of a big league setting, just getting more comfortable around in the zone with all my pitches,” Arrieta said.
NOTES: Gardenhire said that Morneau will make his spring training debut on Friday against Boston. “We’ll move him in slowly,” Gardenhire said. Morneau, who hasn’t played since last July, due to a concussion. “He felt great this morning, I’m letting the doctors tell me the days, and I’ll follow the schedule,” Gardenhire said. … Twins OF Ben Revere didn’t play due to a cut on his foot. … Baltimore 2B Brian Roberts was out with back spasms. Roberts said they weren’t related to the herniated disk that caused him to miss most of last season. … Orioles 1B Derrek Lee was scheduled for an MRI on his sore wrist. … Baltimore INF Cesar Izturis was out for a second straight day with an injured left ankle.
Both parties recognize the Democrats' scam
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world