- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
UConn bounces Hoyas out of Big East tournament
“We miss Chris, absolutely, 100 percent, both ends of the court, in every way,” Thompson said. “The group that’s playing now, that played to today, has to be better.”
The teams were tied 15-all midway through the first half, before Roscoe Smith scored his only basket to start a 22-7 spurt for UConn. By the time Jeremy Lamb hit a 3-pointer with 3:36 left, the Huskies had pulled ahead 37-22.
The biggest problem for Georgetown in the first half was the inside play of Alex Oriakhi and Charles Okwandu, who gave the Huskies a big advantage on the glass.
It didn’t hurt that Walker was his usual dazzling self.
He got Georgetown into early foul trouble with his dribble penetration and slick ball handling, while also making things happen on defense. He blocked a shot late in the first half, gathered in the rebound and went the length of the floor for a layup and a foul.
“He has a lot of weapons,” Clark said. “I mean, you can’t guard him one-on-one. You have to have help from everybody else on the team and try to get the ball out of his hands.”
Something the Hoyas didn’t do enough.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.