- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Ethier makes it 27 straight games with a hit
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Andre Ethier has extended his hitting streak to 27 games.
The Los Angeles Dodgers All-Star right fielder led off the seventh inning on Sunday against San Diego’s Dustin Moseley with a single up the first base line, off the glove of Brad Hawpe as he tried to backhand it behind the bag.
The streak is the longest by a Dodgers player since Willie Davis’ franchise-record 31-game stretch in 1969.
Ethier broke the major league record for the longest hitting streak in April and had 40 hits during the month, tying the franchise mark shared by Mike Piazza and Rafael Furcal.
Ethier is trying to become the eighth player since the turn of the century with a hitting streak of at least 30 games during one season.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Paul Ryan to meet with black lawmakers after 'inner cities' flap
- Georgia's new carry law a big win for gun rights
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014