- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Islanders’ Martinek ruled out of worlds
BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA (AP) - The New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek has been ruled out of the world hockey championship after sustaining a severe concussion in the Czech Republic’s opening game against Latvia.
Czech team doctor Radomir Holibka said Sunday that Martinek likely be moved from a Bratislava hospital to the Czech Republic on Monday.
The International Ice Hockey Federation handed Latvia defenseman Arturs Kulda a three-game suspension for the hit he made on Martinek in the first period of Saturday’s game. Kulda was not penalized during the game, won by the Czechs 4-2.
Jan-Ake Edvinsson, chairman of the federation’s disciplinary panel, said after reviewing the incident that “the video showed Arturs Kulda jumping into the situation, hitting Martinek’s head and neck area.”
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Eric Cantor rejects latest Obama immigration outreach
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.