- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Islanders’ Martinek ruled out of worlds
Question of the Day
BRATISLAVA, SLOVAKIA (AP) - The New York Islanders defenseman Radek Martinek has been ruled out of the world hockey championship after sustaining a severe concussion in the Czech Republic’s opening game against Latvia.
Czech team doctor Radomir Holibka said Sunday that Martinek likely be moved from a Bratislava hospital to the Czech Republic on Monday.
The International Ice Hockey Federation handed Latvia defenseman Arturs Kulda a three-game suspension for the hit he made on Martinek in the first period of Saturday’s game. Kulda was not penalized during the game, won by the Czechs 4-2.
Jan-Ake Edvinsson, chairman of the federation’s disciplinary panel, said after reviewing the incident that “the video showed Arturs Kulda jumping into the situation, hitting Martinek’s head and neck area.”
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world