- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
Board of NYC’s Met Museum elects new chairman
NEW YORK (AP) - New York real estate developer Daniel Brodsky has been chosen as the new chairman of the board of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Brodsky was elected by the Met’s 40-member board on Tuesday. He will assume the position in September.
The 66-year-old Brodsky succeeds James Houghton, who has been the Met’s chairman for 13 years and was named trustee emeritus.
Brodsky is also a trustee of the New York City Ballet and New York University.
He is managing director of the Brodsky Organization, a company that owns and manages thousands of apartments in more than 60 Manhattan buildings.
In addition, he is on New York City’s Cultural Affairs Advisory Commission. The city owns the Met building.
TWT Video Picks
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.