- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Ex-Raider Smith pleads not guilty to murder charge
Question of the Day
LANCASTER, CALIF. (AP) - Former Oakland Raider Anthony Wayne Smith has pleaded not guilty to murder in the 2008 beating and shooting death of a man in northern Los Angeles County.
The 43-year-old Smith, who played defensive end for the Raiders in Los Angeles and Oakland from 1991 to 1998, entered the plea Tuesday.
He is one of three men charged in the killing of 31-year-old Maurilio Ponce, who was beaten and shot several times in Lancaster before his body was dumped near a poppy field.
Two defendants who are facing the same charge _ 41-year-old Charles Eric Honest and 32-year-old Dewann Wesley White _ also pleaded not guilty on Tuesday.
All three are due to appear at a May 19 preliminary hearing.
Smith was ordered held on $1 million bail.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- BERMAN & MADYOON: An Iranian-Turkish reset
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq