- Country singer Tim McGraw not sorry for slapping female fan: ‘Things happen’
- Iraq vet cited for owning 14 therapeutic pet ducks
- White House takes credit for drop in unaccompanied children at border
- International crises be damned, Obama’s fundraising trip must go on
- Friend of bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev found guilty of impeding probe
- Train with MH17 plane crash bodies leaves rebel town in Ukraine
- Half of Colorado voters are OK with Hobby Lobby decision, poll shows
- HIV-killing condom to soon hit shelves in Australia
- Estonia pulls plug on Steven Seagal over praise for Putin
- Lawyer: Pelvic exam pics cost Hopkins $190 million
Heather Mills hospitalized in Austria
Question of the Day
VIENNA (AP) - Heather Mills, Paul McCartney’s ex-wife, has left a hospital after receiving treatment for a shoulder injury she sustained during a skiing accident in Austria, an official said Thursday.
Mills crashed on the Moelltaler glacier Wednesday and was flown by helicopter to a hospital in the southern city of Lienz where she was diagnosed with a fractured right shoulder blade, hospital spokesman Alfred Fast said.
She is expected to make a full recovery and was released midmorning Thursday, he added. It was not immediately clear if she would stay in the Alpine republic or return to Britain.
Broadcaster ORF quoted Mills as saying that she crashed into a plastic pole that had turned as hard as steel due to the cold.
But she seemed to take it in stride.
“That’s skiing, you know,” ORF quoted her as saying.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Edward Snowden to work with Russia on anti-spy technology
- Rihanna, Dwight Howard delete #FreePalestine tweets
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Driver who killed teen on bike sues family for $1.3 million
- Bill Maher blames Hamas for Gaza violence: 'Do you really expect the Israelis not to retaliate?'
- HUMPHRIES: 'Hes the Worst President in 70 Years'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq