- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Mr. Ryan, a Republican who has risen to national prominence from his position as chairman of the House Budget Committee, is considered a leading contender on the GOP side to replace Mr. Kohl, a Democrat who made his surprise retirement announcement Friday.
“That is not appropriate in South Carolina,” she said. “We will give all of our candidates respect, and we certainly expect our candidates to come in and give the people of South Carolina respect.”
Mr. Trump, who is weighing a run for the Republican presidential nomination, has peppered his public appearances with blunt, expletive-laced comments and criticism of the Obama administration.
Mrs. Haley said former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has a lot of work to do to explain his support of the state’s health care law. But she said Mr. Romney, whom she supported in 2008, “showed courage when it came to dealing with health care.”
She also complimented Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, who is also mulling a presidential run. “He was an amazing reformer in his state,” she said.
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Inside the Ring: China targeting U.S. spy flights
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- HURT: Postal Service misses address by a whole continent
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Pentagon may give recruits 'a shot to start over' after shameful social media posts
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.