- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
DC United midfielder Boskovic has torn left ACL
WASHINGTON (AP) - D.C. United midfielder Branko Boskovic will be sidelined for about six months following surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.
The 30-year-old Montenegrin was injured during a U.S. Open Cup qualifier against New England on April 26.
Boskovic, who joined D.C. United last June, has made 18 appearances for Montenegro following 12 with the combined Serbia-Montenegro national team. He is Montenegro’s vice captain.
D.C. United said Monday the operation was performed by Dr. James Gilbert of Metro Orthopedics and Sports Therapy in Silver Spring, Md.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- EXCLUSIVE: FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Yelp.com's ethics questioned
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.