- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
In East finals, Luol vs LeBron a key matchup
Question of the Day
“(Deng is) very active and long,” said James, who averaged nearly 32 points for Cleveland in the first round against Chicago last year. “I think (coach Tom Thibodeau) has definitely helped him a lot with their defensive schemes. It’s not ever one guy that you have to worry about.
“Just put me out with any individual, I feel like I can get around them. When you have a guy that has the backups that they have behind him with Taj Gibson and Noah and guys that are helping him out, also, it definitely helps him a lot. He’s very active.”
Hailed as a budding star four years ago when he averaged 18.8 points, he signed a six-year extension that summer, but two injury-riddled seasons left many wondering if he was worth it.
He’s been healthy the past two years and is a key piece for Thibodeau on both ends, averaging 17.4 points while often guarding one of the opponent’s best players.
“He’s always worked at his game consistently,” general manager Gar Forman said. “He’s always worked on his body. A week ago, we’re in Atlanta and it’s 7:30 in the morning after we had played the night before. The team wasn’t practicing until 10 or 11. I went down to get a workout at like 7:30, he’s down there stretching and taking care of himself. He’s a pro.”
Note: Dwyane Wade was impressed by Gibson’s dunk on him in Game 1, and so was his son, apparently. “I was playing my oldest son Zaire on his nerf rim & he dunked & said Gibson while screaming,” Wade posted on his Twitter account.
(This version CORRECTS Corrects third quarter scoring in 15th paragraph.)
By Michael P. Orsi
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Paul Rondeau exposes the propaganda, media tricks, and government policies that undermine our families, faith, freedom…and even life itself
Implement these actionable tips, how-to’s and best practices in 10 minutes or less to leverage online communications and technology for brand, business and career development.
The world impacts us. What happens in our towns, cities, states, country and on this planet makes a difference to us.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow