- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
GAFFNEY: Muslim outreach, Take 2
Question of the Day
In July 2010, al Qaeda used its new English-language Inspiremagazine to challenge the Muslim Brotherhood to move from the “Meccan phase” (i.e., stealthy forms of jihad) to the “Medinan phase” (i.e., violent jihad). In October 2010, the MB’s recently elected “supreme guide,” Mohammed Badie, issued what amounted to a declaration of war against Israel, the United States and the West. In January, Al-Azhar University issued a fatwah affirming that offensive operations are a legitimate part of “defensive jihad.”
Team Obama missed these ominous developments. In all likelihood, its Outreach 1.0 and other missteps actually facilitated them even before the president called for the immediate removal of one of America’s relatively reliable Arab allies, Egyptian dictator Hosni Mubarak.
Now Mr. Obama seems intent on compounding his earlier errors by further embracing Muslim Brotherhood operatives overseas and front organizations here at home. Redoubling such efforts now will only embolden our foes, undermine our friends and endanger our country. Enough already.
Frank J. Gaffney Jr. is president of the Center for Security Policy (SecureFreedom.org), a columnist for The Washington Times and host of “Secure Freedom Radio,” heard in Washington weeknights at 9 on WRC-AM (1260).
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Michael Moore, movie-making critic of capitalism, has nine homes