- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Court decision threatens start of NFL season
“Both sides I don’t think were resolute in their opposition to each other at the outset,” Boland said, “but I think they have come to be much further apart. Basically each side is waiting for the other to crack.”
“Yes, the season could be very much affected by this,” he added. “Games could be lost.”
Which hurts the sport more than anything. Even if a deal is struck late this summer, the quality of performance without the proper prep time will be damaged. Injuries could be more prevalent if eventually there’s a rush to get back to work.
As Cindrich noted, there’s already “irreparable harm” to the rookie free agents “whose talent will never be realized because they will never have that fair shot” of making the NFL.
“For some (veterans), it is likely their last shot,” Cindrich added. “Tell me how you put a dollar sign on that. You can’t.”
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- PHILLIPS: What did Harry Reid know and when did he know it?
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He's a 'scumbag'
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes