- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
Pacers interested in Brown, Adelman for coach job
But he made no guarantees.
Adelman was interviewed the last time the Pacers had an opening. He went 193-135 in four seasons with the Houston Rockets before leaving the team last month. He ranks eighth in NBA history in wins with a career record of 945-616.
“I’ll probably make a call, just to see where he’s at,” Bird said. “I hear the (Los Angeles) Lakers are interested in him. Rick’s a very good coach. He’s an easygoing guy that gets a lot out of his players.”
“He was put in a tough position and he did well,” Bird said. “I saw some progress with our team. Especially when they made the playoffs, I think they did an excellent job of competing.”
No matter who takes over, expectations will be high. The Pacers made the playoffs last season after missing the postseason the previous four years. Now, with a good young nucleus and a lot of money available for free agency, Bird wants more than a first-round playoff exit.
“When you win 37 games, that’s not success,” Bird said. “But you’ve got to look at your team and see where we’re going and how much development we have out of our young guys. We are in a good position now, so we’ve got to take full advantage of it.”
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.