- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Aretha Franklin sings for Oprah at farewell show
Question of the Day
The music legend came onstage in a white, one-shouldered gown for her performance. She was introduced by Winfrey’s longtime partner, Stedman Graham. Franklin was one of several musical acts at Tuesday night’s “Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular” at Chicago’s United Center.
Franklin’s performance was punctuated by applause from the crowd of 13,000. She danced back and forth on the stage, clapping her hands and waving her arms. Winfrey went on stage near the end of the song and the two embraced.
Franklin underwent surgery several months ago for an ailment she has declined to disclose.
Earlier during the taping, poet Maya Angelou recited a special poem for Winfrey accompanied by musician Alicia Keyes.
TWT Video Picks
By Isaac Orr
New carbon-dioxide rules would put America in the dark
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- ON THE RUN: Competition for Redskins backup running back is heating up
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors