- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
- Democrat Grimes backs Keystone XL pipeline in Kentucky Senate race
- China spends for 17 new warships as U.S. cuts back military
- In Japan, Obama plays soccer with a robot and warns students of climate change
- FDA proposes ban on e-cigarette sales to minors
Israeli electric car pioneer unveils price plans
JERUSALEM (AP) - Electric car company Better Place has unveiled the pricing of its subscription packages ahead of the rollout of the world’s first nationwide battery-charging grid.
The company said Tuesday the base price for its flagship Renault Fluence Z.E. electric car will be 123,000 shekels, or $34,670.
It will offer various subscriptions depending on how much a user drives. Monthly costs will range from 1,090 shekels ($310) for 12,000 miles (20,000 kilometers) a year up to $450 for 20,000 miles (30,000 kilometers) a year.
The company said it will also be offering a three-year package offering unlimited mileage for 157,500 shekels ($44,530).
The company says the overall costs are up to 20 percent lower than a gasoline-powered car.
The Renault cars are to go on sale in Israel in August.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014