- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Man gets 20 years for shooting at PG police
Christopher Felix Flowers, 20, had pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree assault as well as one count of using a handgun in the commission of a crime of violence.
Authorities say that in January 2010 police attempted to stop a car Flowers was traveling in. But instead of stopping, the car continued on Pennsylvania Avenue toward the ramp to enter Interstate 495 from Marlboro Pike.
The car lost control, and Flowers and another person ran.
While running, Flowers shot at several of the officers pursuing him. The officers shot back. No one was injured.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Police: Columbia mall shooter left chilling message before rampage
- Police: 2 Alexandria shootings 'appear to be linked' to 2003 unsolved slaying of sheriff's wife
- Maryland teen killer gunned down in Israeli prison shootout
- D.C. man dies from wounds suffered in January shooting
- Man fatally shot in Northeast D.C.
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Bob Dole
The industrious island has proved itself worthy of U.S. inclusion
- FBI blocked in corruption probe involving Sens. Reid, Lee
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- CURL: Calm down, conservatives: Obama's 'Two Ferns' bit was brilliant
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- PRUDEN: Sink sank own campaign in Florida special election
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again