- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Man gets 20 years for shooting at PG police
A Prince George’s County Circuit Court judge on Wednesday sentenced a Burtonsville man to 20 years in prison for firing shots at three Prince George’s County police officers.
Christopher Felix Flowers, 20, had pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree assault as well as one count of using a handgun in the commission of a crime of violence.
Authorities say that in January 2010 police attempted to stop a car Flowers was traveling in. But instead of stopping, the car continued on Pennsylvania Avenue toward the ramp to enter Interstate 495 from Marlboro Pike.
The car lost control, and Flowers and another person ran.
While running, Flowers shot at several of the officers pursuing him. The officers shot back. No one was injured.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Matthew Cella is The Washington Times’ Metro editor. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Police: 2 Alexandria shootings 'appear to be linked' to 2003 unsolved slaying of sheriff's wife
- Maryland teen killer gunned down in Israeli prison shootout
- D.C. man dies from wounds suffered in January shooting
- Man fatally shot in Northeast D.C.
- P.G. police ID victims in Capitol Heights triple homicide
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again