- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich cruising to re-election: survey
- Landslide hits Indian village; 150 may be trapped
- Albania bank loses $7M in theft; police arrest 2
- Gov. Mike Pence irked as Obama sends illegals to Indiana on sly
- Israel, White House say Obama phone call to demand cease-fire was fake
- Nancy Pelosi: Deporting kids un-Christian, sends them ‘into a burning building’
- Islamist militants seize special forces base in Benghazi, Libya
- Feds sue Pennsylvania State Police over women’s fitness tests
- Israel accused of striking U.N. school, killing at least 15
Active adult living: Winery, golf close at hand
Question of the Day
Whether your interests include golf, equestrian activities or fine wine, a new active adult community in New Kent County, Va., has something for all those tastes.
Four Seasons at New Kent Vineyards, an age-restricted community for homeowners age 55 and older, presents an opportunity for retirees and pre-retirees to enjoy a luxurious lifestyle.
Residents can enjoy the fruits of the New Kent Winery, which is already open and serving the community. The Rees Jones-designed golf course will challenge golfers and provide non-golfers with views of the greens.
Plans for the community include an equestrian center and polo fields along with trails. The clubhouse will include a fitness center, a social room for community gatherings and a card and game room.
New Kent Vineyards is 123 miles from the District and 18 miles from Richmond, off Interstate 64. Residents can drive to Richmond for cultural amenities, shops and restaurants or travel about 30 miles to Williamsburg’s many shops, attractions, restaurants and golf courses. The Williamsburg area often is cited as a popular location for retirees because of the climate, abundance of golf courses, and wealth of entertainment and cultural and historical attractions.
K. Hovnanian Homes is building 155 single-family homes at Four Seasons at New Kent Vineyards, each with a first-floor master suite. The homes have 1,435 to 3,238 finished square feet, with base prices from $199,990 to $314,990.
Each home has low-maintenance vinyl siding, professional landscaping, a fully sodded lawn, an asphalt driveway and a two-car garage. Inside, each home has hardwood flooring in the foyer, 9-foot ceilings on the first floor, crown molding in the living room and dining room, chair-rail molding in the dining room, low-E windows, gas heat on the main level, and ceramic tile tub and shower surrounds and oak vanities with cultured marble tops in the full baths. Each kitchen has a double-bowl stainless steel sink and 42-inch raised-panel oak cabinets.
Buyers can add a partial stone front, dormer windows, attic storage and a finished basement level with a recreation room, den and full bath.
The Berry Hill model, with 2,320 square feet, is priced from $274,990. This home has a covered front entrance or an optional front porch leading to a foyer with a view down the hall into the family room. To the left of the foyer is the formal living room or optional study, which has a double window.
At the center of the home is the formal dining room, which has two columns and is open to the hall and family room.
The family room has an optional cathedral ceiling and is open to the kitchen, which has a center island, a pantry and an optional breakfast bar. The kitchen and family room are both open to the breakfast area.
While both the breakfast area and the family room have double windows, buyers can add an extra window, a bay window and a room extension to this space. Other available options include a fireplace in the great room and a sunroom addition.
The first-floor master suite has an optional tray ceiling in the bedroom. The suite includes a walk-in closet and a private bath with separate vanities, a linen closet and a shower. Buyers can add a soaking tub and separate shower, extra windows in the bedroom, and a 5-foot extension for the entire suite.
This home also has a bedroom wing with two more bedrooms and a full bath. The second bedroom can be converted to a study. A laundry room is next to the garage.
Buyers can add an upper-level bonus room with a closet.
For more information or directions to Four Seasons at New Kent Vineyards, call Wayne Sears in the sales office at 703/932-3534 or visit www.khov4seasons.com.
TWT Video Picks
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world