- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
Cardinals DL Frese, activate Craig
ST. LOUIS (AP) - St. Louis Cardinals third baseman David Freese was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a broken left hand.
The Cardinals activated infielder-outfielder Allen Craig from the DL on Monday before the start of a four-game series against the Florida Marlins.
Freese was hit by a pitch from Scott Linebrink in the sixth inning Sunday at Atlanta. He was batting .356 with two homers and 14 RBIs in 25 games, rebounding from surgery to both ankles last season.
Craig was 0 for 6 in a two-game injury rehabilitation assignment from a groin injury at Double-A Springfield. He was batting .313 with a home run and seven RBIs in 11 games with St. Louis before getting hurt on April 16.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.