- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Halfway to Joe: Ethier runs hit streak to 28 games
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Andre Ethier of the Los Angeles Dodgers has extended his hitting streak to 28 games, putting him halfway toward the record 56-game streak Joe DiMaggio had in 1941.
Ethier hit an RBI single in the hole that shortstop Starlin Castro couldn't make a play on with two out in the fifth inning against Chicago Cubs left-hander James Russell _ his fourth career at-bat against the rookie.
The streak is the longest by a Dodgers player since Willie Davis set a franchise record with a 31-game streak in 1969. Davis batted .435 during that stretch (54 for 124) with one homer and 23 RBIs.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.