- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
LISTENING STATION: A world full of ‘Blues’
Fleet Foxes meld soaring harmonies, exotic instruments
In Your Dreams
Another legend makes her return to the mainstream this week. Stevie Nicks, who hasn’t released a solo album in 10 years, will throw a bone to her longtime supporters with “In Your Dreams,” a confident pop record featuring cameos by Mick Fleetwood and Mike Campbell.
Now in her 60s, Miss Nicks has a weathered voice that lacks the power of its younger self. Producer David Stewart glosses over the flaws by adding sterling harmonies and ringing guitars to the mix. If “Dreams” is lacking in the vocal department, it’s still strong when it comes to songwriting. Stealing the show is the gorgeous, atmospheric “Secret Love,” a discarded Stevie original from 1976 that makes its debut at the beginning of the track list.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.