- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
New Beginnings escapee back in D.C. custody
An 18-year-old who escaped the District’s secure facility for juveniles last month was recaptured Monday, The Washington Times has learned.
Treyvon Cortez Carey beat a corrections officer to escape from the New Beginnings Youth Development Center in Laurel on April 18.
Officials say Carey, a ward of the District’s Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services, used a ladder to hop the razor-wire fence and drove off in the officer’s car, ditching it near Barry Farm in Southeast.
Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump confirmed that Carey was back in custody.
“We would like to express our sincere appreciation to the Metropolitan Police Department for the safe return of this youth.” acting DYRS Director Neil Stanley said.
No further details were immediately available.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.