- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
No deal yet on Thrashers’ search for new owner
“I understand their frustration but as I have said, we are not allowed to comment on discussions with potential buyers and we must operate the business as usual until we find a solution,” Levenson told The Associated Press.
Bettman will follow the turnout by Thrashers fans at Saturday’s rally.
“It will be interesting to see how many people show up at the rally on Saturday,” Bettman said.
Levenson would not comment on the Toronto report or the status of talks with any potential buyer.
True North owns Winnipeg’s MTS Centre, which would be home to the Thrashers if the deal is finalized, and the American Hockey League’s Manitoba Moose.
Bettman said “time is getting short” if a deal can be reached in time for the Thrashers to move for the 2011-12 season.
The Thrashers’ average attendance this season was 13,469, 28th out of 30 teams. Attendance has declined as the Thrashers, who made their debut as an expansion franchise in 1999, have made only one playoff appearance and some fans became impatient with team management.
The ownership group led by Levenson and Michael Gearon Jr. also owns the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks and operating rights to Philips Arena.
The Hawks also could be sold, but they are bound by their lease to Philips Arena to remain in Atlanta.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Hustler sent to every congressional office since 1983
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.