- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Thrashers fans planning last-ditch rally
“No concrete developments at this point,” deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote in an email to the AP. “Won’t comment on likelihood or things that might flow from agreement unless or until its reached.”
True North reportedly is willing to pay $110 million for the team and another $60 million to the league as a relocation fee. Lewis said talk of a possible move “came out of left field.”
“I feel like they didn’t take the proper amount of time to really find a local buyer,” she said. “They really haven’t put in a good-faith effort for the fans here. They’re taking the first offer and running with it.”
“When you don’t put a winning product on the ice, when you don’t see a heartfelt effort on the ice, then people don’t want to be there,” she said. “It may be fun to go watch, but it kind of brings you down. It really does.”
AP Hockey Writer Ira Podell contributed to this report.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Obama pleads for peace in strife-torn Central African Republic
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Crystal Wright is a black conservative woman living in Washington, D.C.
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow