- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Cubs CF Marlon Byrd leaves game after beaning
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - Marlon Byrd has left the Chicago Cubs’ game against the Boston Red Sox after being hit in the head by a pitch in the second inning.
The center fielder was struck by a fastball on the left side of his head in the area of the ear flap on a 1-2 pitch from Alfredo Aceves on Saturday night.
Byrd immediately went down on his back, kicked his legs in the air then quickly got up holding his hand to his face. He walked to the dugout under his own power and down the stairs toward the clubhouse.
Reed Johnson pinch ran and replaced Byrd in the field in the bottom of the second.
Aceves, making his first start of the season with John Lackey and Daisuke Matsuzaka on the disabled list, also hit Chicago’s first batter of the game, Kosuke Fukudome.
Democrats reveal an identity crisis by pretending to be what they're not
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Obama seeks brisk passage of border children funding bill
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- QADER: Extradite the assassin of Bangladesh's founding father
- Bloomberg: Pro-gun towns must lack roads
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs