- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
- Coburn calls hiring of embattled background check firm ‘troubling’
- World Cup: It’s raining men in Brazil as women samba with visitors
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl captured in photo smiling with Taliban jihadist
- Germany demands ouster of U.S. spy chief
- GOP senators knock EPA power grab
- ‘Game of Thrones’ earns a leading 19 Emmy nods
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel should concede, live to fight another day
- Chelsea Clinton nabs $75K in speaking fees — same as Dick Cheney
- ‘Year of action’ not over: Obama has worked around Congress more than 40 times
Orioles summon Adams, Reimold; send Berken down
Question of the Day
BALTIMORE (AP) - The Baltimore Orioles selected the contract of second baseman Ryan Adams and recalled outfielder Nolan Reimold from Triple-A Norfolk for their interleague game against the Washington Nationals on Friday night.
After the Orioles‘ 17-5 loss, reliever Jason Berken was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk. Berken allowed six runs in an inning against Washington.
The 24-year-old Adams was in the starting lineup and went 1 for 4 with a run scored while batting ninth in his major league debut. He was hitting .303 with two homers and eight RBIs for Norfolk.
Reimold was batting .237 with six homers and 22 RBIs.
Left-hander Troy Patton was designated for assignment by the Orioles before Friday’s game. Patton and right-hander Chris Jakubauskas, who was optioned to Norfolk after Thursday’s 13-0 loss to the New York Yankees, both pitched in the lopsided defeat.
Jakubauskas and Patton had replaced first baseman Derrek Lee (strained left oblique) and second baseman Brian Roberts (concussion) on the roster Thursday. Lee went on the 15-day disabled list and Roberts was placed on baseball’s new seven-day DL for concussion-related symptoms.
By Ted Cruz
Banning speech with a constitutional amendment is playing with fire
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- White House plans for bowling alley upgrades abruptly canceled
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Islamic militants aim to take Baghdad airport
- Harry Reid lambasted by black conservatives after calling Justice Thomas white
- EDITORIAL: Whats Obama hiding at illegal-alien 'refugee' camps?
- Jesse Jackson hits Obama for putting immigrant children first
- CRUZ: 'Fahrenheit 451' Democrats
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener