- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay quip
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
Baby boomers fueling boom in knee, hip surgeries
Question of the Day
_Cross training. People tend to find one thing they like and do it a lot, but multiple activities prevent overuse.
_Balance your routines to build strength, flexibility, core muscles and cardiovascular health.
_Lose weight. “Every extra pound you carry registers as five extra pounds on your knees,” DiNubile said. “The good news is, you don’t need to lose a lot of weight” to ease the burden.
_Spend more time warming up. Break a sweat and get the blood flowing before you go full blast.
_Let muscles and joints recover and rest in between workouts.
_If you’ve had a joint replacement, do the physical therapy that’s recommended.
“I tell patients, 20 percent of the outcome is the technical stuff I do in the surgery, and 80 percent is them,” said Hillock, the Las Vegas surgeon. “I can do a perfect surgery, but if they don’t do the rehab they’re not going to have a good outcome.”
Consumer info: http://www.orthoinfo.org
Marilynn Marchione can be followed at http://twitter.com/MMarchioneAP
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- NAPOLITANO: NSA spies pick up interference from the Constitution
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?
A politically conservative and morally liberal Hebrew alpha male hunts left-wing viper
Covering the world of soccer, including the World Cup, Major League Soccer, D.C. United and the English Premier League and other interesting sporting events.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow