- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Goalie Smith surprised to start in Lightning loss
Question of the Day
“We’re a team that doesn’t give up many shots through the whole regular season. I learned to play like that,” said Smith, who started 20 of the 22 games he played before the playoffs. “You’ve just got to try to relax with your mind when the puck’s in their end and when it comes down just to try and stay focused.”
In the other end, goalie Tim Thomas had a busy night. After Simon Gagne gave Tampa Bay a 1-0 lead just 69 seconds into the game, the Vezina Trophy finalist stopped all 33 shots.
And he was impressed with his counterpart in the opposite net.
“He played a good game,” Thomas said. “He only let in two goals and they were two pretty good goals.”
“Obviously, my first start I was a little bit nervous,” he said, “but it’s the buildup more than anything. Once you get out there and get playing I seemed to settle down and get in the rhythm of the game.”
Now Boucher has another decision to make with his season on the line.
The coach gave no hint, but said, “I’m one of those guys that will give people a chance. I felt that Smitty had been terrific for us.”
And what does Smitty think about his role in Game 6?
“I have no expectations right now,” he said.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq