- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
- Grass-Whopper: Pan-fried cricket burgers go over big in New York City
Cabrera seeks return of driver’s license
Question of the Day
Cabrera’s license was suspended because he refused to take a breath test when he was arrested late Feb. 16 on a rural highway west of Fort Pierce, Fla.
His attorney, Michael Kessler, said during a hearing Wednesday that Florida law states a driver has to be in control of an operable vehicle to be required to take a breath test. He said Cabrera’s Land Rover had broken down and St. Lucie County Sheriff’s deputies didn’t see him driving the SUV.
Lorinna Metro, operations analyst for the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department, said she would rule on Cabrera’s request to get his license back within seven working days.
Cabrera has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors. He was not at the hearing.
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Colorado judge: Bakery owner discriminated against gay couple
- Sen. Rand Paul pushes 'Economic Freedom Zones' for Detroit
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!