- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
Cable’s top programs for May 16-22
Question of the Day
Rankings for the top 15 programs on cable networks as compiled by the Nielsen Co. for the week of May 16-22. Day and start time (EDT) are in parentheses:
1. NBA Playoffs: Chicago vs. Miami (Sunday, 8:33 p.m.), TNT, 7.44 million homes, 10.88 million viewers.
2. NBA Playoffs: Miami vs. Chicago (Wednesday, 8:34 p.m.), TNT, 7.09 million homes, 10.03 million viewers.
3. NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City vs. Dallas (Thursday, 8:55 p.m.), ESPN, 5.06 million homes, 7.04 million viewers.
4. NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City vs. Dallas (Tuesday, 9:01 p.m.), ESPN, 4.98 million homes, 6.98 million viewers.
5. NBA Playoffs: Dallas vs. Oklahoma City (Saturday, 8:57 p.m.), ESPN, 4.27 million homes, 6.17 million viewers.
6. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 11 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 3.33 million homes, 4.66 million viewers.
7. “WWE Raw” (Monday, 10 p.m.), USA, 3.13 million homes, 4.7 million viewers.
8. Movie: “Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure” (Sunday, 8 p.m.), Disney, 3.11 million homes, 4.88 million viewers.
9. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 10:30 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 3.083 million homes, 4.38 million viewers.
10. “Inside the NBA Playoffs” (Sunday, 11:10 p.m.), TNT, 3.081 million homes, 4.06 million viewers.
11. “WWE Raw” (Monday, 9 p.m.), USA, 3.06 million homes, 4.68 million viewers.
12. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 11:30 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 3.04 million homes, 4.2 million viewers.
13. “Inside the NBA Playoffs” (Wednesday, 11:17 p.m.), TNT, 2.99 million homes, 4.03 million viewers.
14. “SpongeBob SquarePants” (Saturday, 10 a.m.), Nickelodeon, 2.98 million homes, 4.06 million viewers.
By John McAfee
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Our Choice: Individual responsibility and self-government or the abandonment of the American Revolution
Al Maurer provides a common sense, conservatarian, Constitutional conservative perspective from the battleground state of Colorado
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow