- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Royals 12, Rangers 7, 14 innings
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) _ Melky Cabrera and rookie Eric Hosmer hit consecutive one-out homers in a five-run 14th inning and Kansas City snapped a five-game losing streak.
Cabrera hit a drive over the center field fence off Dave Bush (0-1) to snap a 7-all tie, and Hosmer gave the Royals a two-run lead. Brayan Pena added a three-run homer off Bush. The Royals won for the third time in 13 games.
Blake Wood (2-0), the sixth Royals pitcher, threw a perfect 13th for the win.
Hosmer, called up from Triple-A Omaha on May 6, had four hits and four RBIs for the first time in his career.
Angels 6, Twins 5
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) _ Maicer Izturis hit a go-ahead RBI single in the ninth inning for the Angels after scoring five runs in the eighth off three Twins relievers.
Erick Aybar’s three-run homer on the first pitch from Dusty Hughes ignited the rally after Twins starter Scott Baker scattered six singles over seven shutout innings. Jim Hoey (0-2) was pitching when Alberto Callaspo’s infield single and Russell Branyan’s sacrifice fly forged a tie for the Angels.
Jordan Walden worked the ninth for his 11th save in 14 tries.
Scott Downs (3-1) got two outs for the win for the Angels.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.