- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
Matt Holliday back in lineup for Cardinals
Question of the Day
Holliday was batting .347, second in the National League behind teammate Lance Berkman’s .354 average, entering Monday’s game against the San Francisco Giants. The Cardinals were 4-2 without their cleanup hitter, winning series at San Diego and Colorado.
Holliday made one appearance in the six games, drawing an intentional walk Friday night at Colorado.
“What? Thanks for mentioning it,” he said to a reporter. “I’m just going to ignore it.”
“He’s immune to pressure, but if I thought he needed a break I’d do whatever it took,” La Russa said. “You try to get the best out of him and if anybody’s struggling you’re just open-minded to do anything.
“But I’m not going to write him out of the third spot for this week.”
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Budget has marks of Obama, but Congress hammered out deal without him
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow