- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Pirates place Doumit, Pearce on 15-day DL
Question of the Day
PITTSBURGH (AP) - The Pirates on Monday placed catcher Ryan Doumit (left ankle sprain) and infielder Steve Pearce (right calf strain) on the 15-day disabled list.
Pittsburgh also transferred pitcher Ross Ohlendorf from the 15-day to the 60-day disabled list, and purchased the contracts of catcher Dusty Brown and infielder Josh Harrison from Triple-A Indianapolis.
In 93 at-bats, Doumit has four home runs and 15 RBIs, while Pearce is hitting .291 with 10 RBIs in just 55 at-bats.
Brown hit .263 with six homers in 30 games for Indianapolis. And Harrison went 5-for-5 at Pawtucket on Saturday, and is fifth in the International League with a .321 average.
Doumit had to leave Sunday’s 3-2 loss to the Cubs in Chicago in the second inning. The ankle injury occurred on a collision at home plate with Chicago’s Carlos Pena. He was replaced by Chris Snyder.
Doumit left Wrigley Field with the help of crutches and a walking boot.
The Pirates open up a series with the Mets Monday night in New York.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq