- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Lady A, Aldean among first CMT Awards performers
NASHVILLE, TENN. (AP) - Country star Jason Aldean is not only the top nominee at this year’s CMT Music Awards, he’ll also be performing.
Fellow nominees Lady Antebellum, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts and Sugarland are also among the first performers announced for the show.
This marks the 10th anniversary of the fan-voted awards show. It will air live on Wednesday, June 8, from Nashville. Until then, fans can pick their favorites on CMT.com through June 7.
Aldean has four nominations, including a nod for video of the year. Lady A, Rascal Flatts and Sugarland have three nominations each and are competing against Aldean for the top prize. Urban is up for two awards, including male video of the year and CMT performance of the year.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: 'It's scary'
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014