- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
Nets center Brook Lopez has surgery on right arm
Question of the Day
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Center Brook Lopez, the New Jersey Nets’ leading scorer, had surgery Wednesday to remove a bone mass and a calcium deposit from his upper right arm.
General manager Billy King said the center should be ready for training camp in the fall.
The surgery was performed by Nets team orthopedic Dr. Riley Williams III and Dr. Andrew Weiland at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
“Brook was bothered this year by a bony lump that developed after he was hit in the arm early this year,” Williams said. “The mass was successfully removed today. A full recovery is expected, and Brook should be able to return to basketball activities in approximately six weeks.”
The team release did not define a “bone mass,” but a team spokesman said it was not related to cancer.
Lopez, who has never missed a game due to injury in his three-year career, averaged a team-high 20.4 points and 6.0 rebounds this past season.
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq