- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
- Angry New Yorkers shred gun registrations in deadline day protests
- Uninsured rate dropping faster in places that embraced pillars of Obamacare, survey shows
- Hawaii, D.C. give residents two more weeks to sign up under Obamacare
- Climate change causing fish to lose their minds, researchers say
- Great Britain tops World’s Most Sexist Nation list
- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
Nets center Brook Lopez has surgery on right arm
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) - Center Brook Lopez, the New Jersey Nets’ leading scorer, had surgery Wednesday to remove a bone mass and a calcium deposit from his upper right arm.
General manager Billy King said the center should be ready for training camp in the fall.
The surgery was performed by Nets team orthopedic Dr. Riley Williams III and Dr. Andrew Weiland at the Hospital for Special Surgery.
“Brook was bothered this year by a bony lump that developed after he was hit in the arm early this year,” Williams said. “The mass was successfully removed today. A full recovery is expected, and Brook should be able to return to basketball activities in approximately six weeks.”
The team release did not define a “bone mass,” but a team spokesman said it was not related to cancer.
Lopez, who has never missed a game due to injury in his three-year career, averaged a team-high 20.4 points and 6.0 rebounds this past season.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.