- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Ovechkin says Capitals are ‘shocked’ after sweep
Question of the Day
Defenseman Mike Green (hip flexor) missed Game 4, but defenseman John Carlson (hip pointer) and forward Mike Knuble (broken thumb) played hurt. Boudreau and McPhee said center Nicklas Backstrom (zero goals in the postseason) wasn’t injured, as far as they know.
Looking forward, McPhee said he thinks he has a good team in place.
“I don’t see major changes. … We’ll see what the summer brings,” he said.
“What we’re doing here, I believe, is putting a good team on the ice every year and hopefully one of these years we win it. But we’re in the mix every year,” McPhee said. “And it could be worse: We could be missing the playoffs.”
NOTES: After finishing the regular season with career lows of 32 goals and 85 points, Ovechkin said he’ll consider changing his offseason regimen and switching back to a previous trainer. … Ovechkin said he will join Russia’s team in hockey’s world championships, and McPhee said that’s fine with him. … D Tom Poti (groin injury) didn’t play after Jan. 12, and McPhee said: “I think his career’s on the line, and it’s too bad. It’s a real concern.”
AP Sports Writer Joseph White contributed to this story.
Howard Fendrich can be reached at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- The List: Top 20 TV medical shows
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq