- Pennsylvania Rep. Chaka Fattah vows to fight federal subpoena
- Ron Paul: CIA spying is a result of a distrustful, big government
- Mike Huckabee: Opposing abortion is ‘how we save this republic’
- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
Whitner keeps door open on returning to Buffalo
Whitner has had an unsettling tenure in Buffalo. Though one of the team’s defensive leaders and most consistent tacklers, Whitner’s been part of a unit that’s ranked 15th or better in yards allowed only once during his five seasons.
The Bills finished 24th last year and were particularly porous against the run in allowing 200 yards rushing eight times.
Though he had 138 tackles to break the 100-mark for the third time in his career, Whitner’s other numbers remain down. He had only one interception to up his career total to five. Whitner also has only 1 1/2 career sacks and five forced fumbles.
“I still have room to improve and to show people that I can make those plays,” he said. “I understand this football season I continue to have something to prove. And that’s what I’m striving for.”
Shortly before the interview, Whitner posted this message: “Hello to my haters. Yall can’t faze me.”
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- Redskins' secondary holes remain unfilled amid NFL free-agent frenzy
- F-35 secrets now showing up in chinas stealth fighter
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again