- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Whitner keeps door open on returning to Buffalo
Whitner has had an unsettling tenure in Buffalo. Though one of the team’s defensive leaders and most consistent tacklers, Whitner’s been part of a unit that’s ranked 15th or better in yards allowed only once during his five seasons.
The Bills finished 24th last year and were particularly porous against the run in allowing 200 yards rushing eight times.
Though he had 138 tackles to break the 100-mark for the third time in his career, Whitner’s other numbers remain down. He had only one interception to up his career total to five. Whitner also has only 1 1/2 career sacks and five forced fumbles.
“I still have room to improve and to show people that I can make those plays,” he said. “I understand this football season I continue to have something to prove. And that’s what I’m striving for.”
Shortly before the interview, Whitner posted this message: “Hello to my haters. Yall can’t faze me.”
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Doctors say profound new HIV treatment may prove the cure
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- U.S. drops 2,000 mice on Guam by parachute to kill snakes
- Allen West warns Obamas backdoor gun control is moving forward
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Playing Through covers the world of PGA golf, as well as tips your the average golfer to play better.