- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney engaged to girlfriend
LONDON — Ex-Beatle Paul McCartney is engaged to girlfriend Nancy Shevell, his publicist said Friday.
McCartney, 68, started dating the 51-year-old New York socialite and businesswoman nearly four years ago following his bitter split from second wife Heather Mills.
McCartney publicist Stuart Bell confirmed recent media speculation over a proposal as true, but declined to give further details on when and how the former Beatle asked Shevell to marry him, saying only “we’re all thrilled for him.”
Shevell was married for more than 20 years to attorney Bruce Blakeman, a close friend of former New York Gov. George Pataki, who appointed her to the board of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.
She also is the vice president for administration of New England Motor Freight Inc., a New Jersey-based trucking company owned by her father.
McCartney and Shevell were first spotted together in Long Island’s Hamptons area in late 2007.
Since then, Shevell has become a red-carpet staple, appearing at the March 23 premiere of “The Boat That Rocked” in London, fashion shows by McCartney’s daughter Stella, the Grammys and McCartney’s concerts around the world.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- Craigslist killers: Police say newlyweds stabbed man for thrills
- Dick Cheney: Family feud over gay marriage has been 'dealt with'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!