- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Final 4 teams head to ‘Amazing Race’ finish line
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Harlem Globetrotters are hoping to slam-dunk the competition on "The Amazing Race."
Nathaniel "Big Easy" Lofton and Herbert "Flight Time" Lang, a pair of towering Globetrotters teammates, are racing for the $1 million grand prize on the CBS around-the-world competition's season finale Sunday. The three other remaining teams are best friends Justin Kanew and Zev Glassenberg, sisters LaKisha and Jen Hoffman, and father-and-daughter duo Gary and Mallory Erwin.
In the two-hour finale, the teams will make their way from Zermatt, Switzerland, to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, then on to the finish line in Miami, Fla.
The 18th edition features 11 teams of veteran contestants who have never won the show's grand prize. The race began in Palm Springs, Calif., and included stops in Australia, Japan, China, India and Liechtenstein.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- FIELDS: Oscars' fantasy on the Left Coast
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again