- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Question of the Day
Cain: God told him to run for president
ATLANTA — Republican Herman Cain credits God with telling him that he needed to run for president.
The businessman-turned-candidate spoke about his religious beliefs Saturday during a speech to young Republicans in Atlanta.
Mr. Cain said he finally realized after much praying that God was saying that he needed to enter the presidential race. He compared his situation to Moses, who in the Bible initially questions whether God has chosen the right person to lead the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt.
Mr. Cain said that once he made the decision to run, he has not looked back.
Religious conservatives are a major voting bloc in Republican primaries, especially in the Deep South.
The chairman of the Democratic Governors Association made the comments Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.”
Asked about Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s statement in Saturday’s debate that he would zero out foreign aid, Mr. O'Malley said the debates have featured numerous erratic statements by candidates pandering to GOP extremists. Mr. O'Malley said the statement was the latest in a series that lacked practical sense. He also criticized GOP candidates for not offering new ideas on improving the economy and putting people back to work.
Wife says Herman Cain ‘totally respects women’
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq