- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Disney’s musical of ‘Newsies’ to land on Broadway
Question of the Day
These are exciting days for Disney’s theatrical arm. Besides “Newsies,” its “Peter and the Starcatcher,” a madcap look at Peter Pan’s background based on the novel of the same name by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson _ and Disney’s first straight play _ will open on Broadway this spring.
A new version of “The Little Mermaid” is being reworked by playwright Doug Wright and is set to open in Holland, and a stage adaptation of “Aladin” is on its way to Europe once it clears another round of development.
Director Bart Sher is also planning a stage version of “Father of the Bride” based on the novel and 1950 Spencer Tracy movie, and Disney plans a big stage musical version of “Dumbo” by “Billy Elliot” director Stephen Daldry.
The eclectic mix of projects hasn’t been done by design, says Schumacher, but by necessity. “You have to follow the work,” he said. “”What’s normal? I don’t know normal.”
Follow Mark Kennedy on Twitter at http://twitter.com/KennedyTwits
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world