- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
Online petition targets Target’s midnight opening
OMAHA, Neb. — An Omaha man’s online petition asking Target to drop plans to open stores at midnight on Thanksgiving has garnered tens of thousands of signatures in less than two weeks.
Anthony Hardwick works part-time as a cart attendant for a second job. The 29-year-old launched his petition Nov. 3 after learning of the chain’s plans to have employees report for work at 11 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
The petition asks that Target push back the opening to 5 a.m. on “Black Friday.” It had nearly 88,000 signatures by midday Tuesday.
Target officials say the midnight opening is a response to customer demand.
He fills a post left open when Apple co-founder Steve Jobs died last month.
Robert Iger, president and CEO of the Walt Disney Co., was tapped as director.
The appointments were announced Tuesday.
BP loses two Gulf spill rulings
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Russian diplomats busted bilking $1.5 million from Medicaid
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- President Obama acknowledges living with illegal immigrant uncle: report
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
White House pets gone wild!