- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
AD: Penn St. looking at structure of coach search
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, OHIO (AP) - Penn State’s acting athletic director says the school is beginning to form a plan to search for a permanent football coach.
Speaking just before the start of Saturday’s game between the No. 21 Nittany Lions and Ohio State, David Joyner said he will be the primary person designing the search. But he will consult with the university’s acting president, Rod Erickson.
Penn State is reeling from a child sex-abuse scandal involving a former assistant coach. Joe Paterno, the coach since 1966, was fired. University President Graham Spanier and athletic director Tim Curley were among those who lost their jobs.
Tom Bradley was promoted from defensive coordinator to interim coach.
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world