- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
Allenby fails to gain a point at Presidents Cup
MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA (AP) - Robert Allenby has become only the second captain’s pick in the nine-tournament history of the Presidents Cup to fail to pick up a point.
Allenby, selected by captain Greg Norman along with fellow Australian Aaron Baddeley, lost 7 and 5 on Sunday to David Toms in singles to leave Allenby winless in all four of his International matches at Royal Melbourne.
American John Huston, one of Jack Nicklaus’ captain’s picks in 1998, also at Royal Melbourne, is the only other player in the same category not to pick up a point. That was the year of the International team’s only victory in the Presidents Cup.
Allenby lost 4 and 3 on Thursday with Retief Goosen in foursomes, 4 and 3 in fourballs with Y.E. Yang on Friday, and 3 and 2 with Geoff Ogilvy in foursomes on Saturday morning.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes 'your paycheck'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.