- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Virginia upsets No. 23 Florida State 14-13
Question of the Day
TALLAHASSEE, FLA. (AP) - Kevin Parks ran 10 yards for a touchdown with 1:16 left Saturday to give Virginia the lead and Florida State's Dustin Hopkins missed a 42-yard field-goal attempt in the closing seconds as the Cavaliers upset of No. 23 Florida State 14-23 to set up a showdown with intrastate rival Virginia Tech a spot in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game.
Florida State (7-4, 5-3 ACC) got two fortunate breaks on its final drive that gave Hopkins, the ACC's leading scorer, a chance to win it.
An facemask penalty on Virginia allowed the Seminoles to convert a fourth down and a pass initially ruled complete in bounds and would have killed the clock was overturned by replay and rule incomplete.
Another Virginia penalty moved Hopkins' kick 5 yards close, but he boomed it wide left with 3 seconds left.
Virginia (8-3, 5-3) snapped Florida State's five-game winning streak with its fourth straight win.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors