- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Consequences of an unchecked China
The economic contrast between China and the United States could not more stark. The differences are about production: As China continues to cultivate its resources, we continue to squander the land of milk and honey on a national credit card. It’s insanity on our part.
But the consequences for us will be darker than even Mr. Buchanan is predicting. There could well come a day when America loses its agricultural independence and self-sufficiency, when the Chinese own our farmland and ship our food back to feed their growing masses, and when food is no longer cheap and plentiful here.
West Jefferson, Ohio
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans